Milton Optometrist Eye Exams

Schedule An Eye Exam Today With Our Milton Optometrist.

Our Optometrists in Milton, Ontario do much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses and contact lenses. Our Milton Optometrist will check your eyes for common eye diseases, assess how your eyes work together as a team and evaluate your eyes as an indicator of your overall health.

Eye Exams

Your comprehensive Eye Exam with our Milton Optometrist includes the following:

  • Testing your vision or how well you are able to see.
  • An eye muscle examination.
  • A microscopic examination of the front of the eye.
  • A test to measure your eye pressure (anaesthetic or drops to numb eyes will be used).
  • An examination of the internal structures of the eye by shining light through the pupil.
  • A ‘contact lens assessment’ is recommended for existing contact lens wearers.

Contact All Eyes On Me Optical today to book an eye exam with one of our Optometrists in Milton.

Eye Exam FAQ

An optometrist is a doctor of optometry who examines patients in order to diagnose, treat, manage and prevent diseases and disorders of the eye and vision system and its related structures. An optometrist may also prescribe drugs for the treatment of eye conditions and provide, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses or subnormal vision devices for patients who require them.

An ophthalmologist is a physician who, upon graduation from medical school, undertakes several years of post-graduate training in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye. As well as diagnosing and treating ocular disease either by medical or surgical means, ophthalmologists may offer oculo-visual assessment, which includes prescription for corrective lenses.

An optician provides, fits and adjusts eyeglasses, contact lenses or subnormal vision devices on the prescription of an optometrist or physician.

All three professions are governed by their respective Colleges under the authority of the Regulated Health Professions Act.

If you suspect that you have not received adequate care, the first thing you should do is speak with your optometrist. If you are unable to obtain a satisfactory explanation or resolution, contact the College and we will assist you with answers to your questions or, if necessary, with the procedure for lodging a complaint.