The Do’s and Dont’s on care for your Contact Lenses:
- Wash and rinse your hands before you handle your lens. Clean, rinse, and disinfect your lens each time you remove them.
- Handle your lens with your fingertips, avoiding any contact with your fingernails.
- Apply hair spray before inserting your lens. Apply make-up after inserting your lens.
- Store lens in a leak-proof lens case when they are not being worn, and disinfect before use.
- Clean and disinfect one lens at a time to avoid mixing up the left and right lens.
- Use a lens case that clearly indicates left and right.
- Replace your lens and your lens case on a regular basis – visit your eye practitioner to discuss the most suitable lens replacement schedule for you.
- Keep the caps of your solutions closed when not in use.
- Use solution before expiration date marked on bottle.
- Schedule yearly appointments with your eye care practitioner.
- Do not re-use any lens care solutions.
- Do not use saline to disinfect your lens.
- Do not use eye drops or solutions not intended for use with contact lenses.
- Do not mix any eye medication with lens care solutions except under medical supervision.
- Do not use eye make-up in the inner margin of the eyelids as small particles could be transferred onto the surface of your lens.